AmigaActive (1629/2143)

From:Anthony Prime
Date:24 May 2000 at 21:26:06
Subject:Re: Linux Distro - On Topic - Honestly

Hi Andy

>1 gig for a swap partition??? That's one meaty machine you've got there,
>if you assume the usual twice the amount of RAM for the swap partition.

*Grin*

> > Can anyone offer any help, or should I wait for further developments and
> > mothball the additional hd space?

>Why doesn't it let you format the partitions? What's the problem? I doubt
>anyone can be much help without a more detailed description of the
>problem.

Yes, you`re right, sorry, I thought about this as I pressed Send :(

When I run the linux installer, I get to the partition drive screen and I`m
presented with the three partitions, all marked as FAT32. If I try to
delete them and then make new partitions I ask for a 1gb partition and I
get a message saying that whilst I requested 1gb, I`ve actually been
allocated 7gb. Now whilst it`s a meaty machine, 7gb for a swap seems a bit
on the high side. If I try to make the main partition the installer refuses
me, saying I`ve gone beyond the end of the drive, even if I select the
"expand to drive capacity" option.

My head hurts </Gumby>

Anthony W. Prime
anthony@prime.clara.co.uk

http://www.amiga.com
So the World May Know...

Missing old school friends? Find them here: